- Course Introduction
- Instructor Information
- Course Syllabus/ Weekly Schedule
- Where to go for Help?
- To-Do List
Course Number: CS225_400
Term Offered: All Terms
Instructor's Name: Samina Ehsan
You will be able to know about me right here - Samina Ehsan
The instructor's office hours are on Tuesdays 6:00 - 8:00 pm PST (by appointment) and Sundays 9:00 -11:00 am PST (fixed) via Slack (Channel - #office_hours).
- Piazza is the best way to reach me for any course-related queries. We can refer back to our previous discussions here and also as it will be visible to the entire class. So, the other students will be able to get benefit from it. Not all posts require a reply from me and often it is better for students to hash out an answer to a question. But please email me if you do not receive a reply within 12 hours.
- Sending email email@example.com is the preferred way to only for matters of a personal nature related to the course (Please include the prefix CS225_400_F19 in the subject) or if you have not received a reply to your post on Piazza. Please resend the email if I do not respond within 24 hours.
- I can be reached via the class-specific Slack workspace during my office hours. For details on getting set up on Slack, please visit here. The actual Workspace you should sign into is oregonstate.enterprise.slack.com. This will log you into your OSU slack account, where the class workspace class-cs225-f19 should be visible (it's available now!).
Course Guidelines+Syllabus, Weekly Schedule, and Syllabus Quiz:
- The detailed guidelines+syllabus for this course are provided in the following document -
- The weekly schedule for this course is provided in the following document-
- Students registered to this course must take a syllabus quiz by week 1. The syllabus quiz link for this course is provided as below -Syllabus Quiz
Please use one of the following means to get help in this class -
Piazza is the best place to ask any course-related queries. Please post all course-related questions on Piazza so that the whole class may benefit from your conversation. This time, the Piazza board will be shared between two online sections: 400 and 401. This means more people will be available to respond to your discussion posts. Also, when you respond to posts, you'll be helping out more people.
- Office Hours:
You can ask questions to the instructor or teaching assistants(TAs) during their weekly office hours. Don't waste your time if you are not understanding a concept, rather ask the instructor or TAs for help. Please find the office hours and contact information provided as below-
Instructor's Office Hours and Contact Information:
Instructor's office hours are on Tuesdays 6:00 - 8:00 pm PST (By Appointment) and Sundays 9:00 -11:00 am PST (Fixed) via Slack (Channel - #office_hours).
Instructor email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Class slack workspace: class-cs225-f19
TA Office Hours and Contact Information:
The Teaching Assistants will hold fixed weekly office hours starting from week 1. Office hours are held via Slack (Channel - #office_hours).
- Paul, Andre email@example.com Mondays 12:00- 2:00p (Fixed)
- Hekkala, Claire Marie firstname.lastname@example.org Tuesdays 12:00- 2:00p(Fixed)
- Kim, Chunghee email@example.com Tuesdays 6:00-8:00p (Fixed)
- Adams, Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org Wednesdays 12:00-2:00p (Fixed)
Chan, King Hin email@example.com Wednesdays 4:00-6:00p (By Appointment)
- Emmott, Andrew Fielding firstname.lastname@example.org Thursdays 12:00-2:00p (Fixed)
- Dhillon, Jaspreet Singh email@example.com Thursdays from 2:00 - 4:00p (Fixed)
- Jones, Joshua firstname.lastname@example.org Fridays 12:00-2:00p (Fixed)
- Krishna, Ajay email@example.com Fridays 4:00-6:00p (Fixed)
Please follow the tutoring information below if you need any course onboarding support from the peer or ecampus tutors -
1. CS peer tutoring: Tutoring_annoucement.pdf
2. Online tutoring: http://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/services/student-services/online-tutoring/
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.