Course Name: Data Structures Course Number: CS261_400
Term Offered: All Terms
Instructor name: Samina Ehsan
In this course, we’ll have two primary goals:
- To become familiar with a collection of foundational data structures that you’ll use frequently as a programmer. E.g. lists, queues, stacks, trees, hash tables, graphs, etc.
- To understand how to analyze and manage the complexity associated with data structures and their operations.
My office hours are on Tuesdays from 18:00 -20:00 PST(by appointment) and Sundays 9:00 -11:00 PST (by appointment) via (Google chat/email/skype/etc.)
Please create a private post on Piazza or send an email to set an appointment at least 12 hours before you need help.
- "Ehsan, Samina" email@example.com
Teaching Assistants -
Please create a private post on Piazza or send a personal email to set an appointment at least 12 hours before you need help.
- "Lyu, Qi" firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Al-Sulaimawi, Zahir" email@example.com
- "Ramakrishna, Pavan Kumar" firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Thota, Narayana Bhagirath" email@example.com
- "Wang, Yi-Chieh" firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Wang, Qiwei" email@example.com
- Piazza is the best way to reach the instructor and TAs for any course related query. We can refer back to our previous discussions here and also as it will be visible to the entire class. So, the other students will be able to get benefit from it. Not all posts require a reply from the instructor/TA and often it is better to have discussion in detail with your peers.
- Sending email firstname.lastname@example.org is the preferred way to only for matters of a personal nature related to the course (Please include the prefix CS-261_400_S18 in the subject). If needed, we can use Skype or Google Hangout for discussion. Please resend the email if the instructor does not respond within 48 hours.
- We will have constant TA support, so it should be possible to get office hour help at any time. You should create a private post on Piazza or email the TA personally in advance to set an office hour appointment.
- We will maintain virtual office hours using the class account email@example.com .
Please review the following course guidelines/syllabus very carefully -
Please review the following weekly schedule very carefully -
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.